The account executive job description is to maintain general accounting including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. The job is also responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate maintenance of the accounts and also maintaining the monthly account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department
The duties and responsibilities of the account executive is to
- Maintain, compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accountsin compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Properly maintain the files or accounts to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Efficiently and timely prepare financial management reports to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- It is also the responsibility of the account executive is to establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and also if the situation demands resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- The applicant duty is to continuously monitor the management and support of budget and forecast activities and support taxation issues and also develop and maintain financial data bases
- The candidates must also make arrangements for financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process from time to time to ensure the correctness of the data.
- The job of the employee is also to analyse and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Maintain the data to analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
Skills and specialisations required by the applicant to be placed as the account executive is the ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy and must also be able to efficiently plan and organise the data and must also have strong communication skills both oral and written and must also possess the skill of problem analysis and must be able to suggest efficient judgment and problem-solving skills. The candidate must also be able to work under pressure.
Education qualification and Experience required by the accounts executive is an bachelor’s degree in accounting degree or equivalent and also possess the knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles. The applicant must also have the knowledge of economic principles, auditing practices and principles and the applicable laws, codes and regulations. The applicant must also have the knowledge and experience of related computer applications and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.