The computer run with the help of software’s that is the programs that are a set of instructions programmed or assigned by the computer programmer to develop the software. The softwareis developed by writing thousands of instructions and these instructions are collectively known as programs. The computer programmer is a person who develops code or instructions to create various application software systems as well as operating systems. Basically the programmer is a person of the computer background the job description purely bases on this. The programmer needs to focus on the requirements of the organization, make the systems function accordingly with the help of programming them with the required instructions to execute the work.
Duties and responsibilities of the computer Programmer are participating in different phases of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) such as project planning, requirement analysis, system designing, implementation, code integration and testing, deployment and maintenance
- A computer programmer has to study for the project and gather necessary requirements, process the useful and relevant data and use the information form the clients to implement them in their project
- They have to system specifications related to the hardware and software of the computer.
- The programmer’s duty is to develop logic for the program by designing algorithms and flowcharts and then use them in development of code for programming in languages like C, C++, Java, etc.
- When the code is developed, it is handed over to the testers for testing and then they have to debug the bugs developed in the codes and fix them by programming again then run the software application
- The computer programmer has to tackle the maintenance of the software or the program developed for the client, they also have to solve queries of the clients and make the software user-friendly to ensure efficient functioning of the programs.
Skills and specifications required by the computer programmer is that the applicant must be able to work well in team and should be able to design a user-friendly program depending on the requirement s of the clients. The programmer must be able to finish work within deadlines and should also be able to work under pressure.
Experience and educational qualifications required by the software engineer is a bachelors or a master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with specialisation is a particular trait or language they should have the knowledge of the Operating Systems like Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac, Apache, Azure and also have the knowledge of the Programming Languages like COBOL, PASCLE, C, C++, Java, VB (Visual Basic), .Net, C#, VB.net, C#.net