Executive Assistant; Usually referred as executive officer, is responsible for smooth running of an organization. His work slightly differs from administrative assistant. Executive assistants are required at both private and public enterprises. This challenging position is increasing in demand because the vital role it plays behind any organization to be profitable and run it smoothly. This person plays a vital role in taking crucial decisions and setting up of policy for the company and might substitute other executives who represent him in meetings.visit this hyperlink for Executive Assistant Job Description info.
An ideal candidate for this post is the one who is experienced in managing a wide range of managerial and administrative support related tasks. This person must be exceptionally organized, flexible and take pleasure in the administrative challenges. Executive assistant should be a true professional. He should posses good interaction skills and be proactive, self sufficient, efficient and resourceful. Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Depending on the importance of the matter, he allocates time and arrange meetings with the required dept or member.
- Prioritize complex projects
- He should manage various projects running under him
- Should be self motivated and be inspiring to the remaining staff
- Make reservations and travel arrangements for the management
- Launch campaigns for consultants and potential clientele
- Work with partners and coordinate complex management meetings
- Receive and send mails
- Review and modify various designer process
10. He is required to interact with both external and internal assistants and executives for coordination of meetings
11. Depending on the size of the enterprise, he might have to answer the phone calls & direct them aptly
12. Forecast & prepare a plan of action for management
13. Evaluate and summarize various reports
- Experience in the creation of various power point presentations
- Good calendar and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective listening, interacting and writing skills
- Should posses good analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
Career Options: With increase in industries and various enterprises, executive assistants are in great demand and are one of the top numbers of professions. As they are needed in almost all types of businesses such as industries, manufacturing units, retail, colleges, trade firms, construction enterprises and many more. Executive assistant post is one of the top paying jobs.