- Job Title – Food Server, waiter/waitresses
- Reporting to – Assistant Manager
- Salary – Total pay including commission, bonus, and overtime would be around $15,023 - $48,885
- Hours – 40 hours a week
- Purpose of Position
Food server is the person whose main job is to serve food to the customers. We get to find these food servers in restaurants and non restaurants. A food server working in restaurants take food orders from the customers and serve the ordered food at the dining table with in a given time. Food servers working in non restaurant areas like hospitals and hotels also have to perform similar duties as restaurant food servers.
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Food Server
Below mentioned are the duties and responsibilities of a Food server on regular basis.
- Greeting customers when they visit restaurant.
- Taking menu orders from the customers
- Serving ordered food at the customer’s table with in a given time
- Probe the customer about the spices and get the food as expected by the customers
- Some times food server also needs to prepare bills for the customers
- Make sure all the ingredients required for p[reparation of dishes are available in the kitchen
- Need to take care of cleanliness of dining hall including dining tables, floor, plates and dishes.
- Assisting co-workers
- Ensure food safety before it is served at customers table.
- Sometimes a food server also needs to prepare food items.
Apart from the above mentioned duties and responsibilities there are many other duties and responsibilities of a food server which again depends on the work environment and place.
- Academic and trades qualifications
|High School Diploma or GED||Bachelor’s Degree|
|-||Undergone hotel management course|
- Work Experience and skills
|Minimum six months experience||Telephone etiquette skills|
|Capable of processing good customer service||Physically fit|
|Multi-tasking||Good communicational and written skills|
|Neat Appearance||Good computer skills|
Food server job is one of the best fields to make yourself engaged in free time where you can also earn good income. Most of the people in a food server field are working for part time like in the evening hours and in weekends. So, if you are one out of those who does not want to waste your valuable time and interested in earning extra money then grab an opportunity of applying for food server job.