A front desk clerk is an administrative professional and the job is to announce visitors, answer the telephone and record the names of all who enter and also has the authority to deny entry to visitors. Front-desk job descriptions are required for employment in office buildings, industrial facilities and residential buildings or in staff at schools, universities, prisons, government agencies and medical facilities. The front-desk clerk job is to greet and monitors visitors and also maintains the record the details of the visitors.
The duties and responsibilities of the front-desk employee is mainly with the entry and the contacts.
- It is the duty of the front desk officer to maintain the record of the entries in the premises.
- The duty is to attend phone calls and take messages and convey it to the person in the premises.
- The job is to may announce visitors or accept couriers and packages.
- The duty and the responsibility of the front desk officer is to deny a visitor entry into the premises if he/she is doubtful.
- It is the duty of the front desk officer to communicate with authorities during emergency situations.
Skills and specifications that the front desk officer should possess are excellent communication skills both oral and written and must have strong presence of mind and must be able to deal with situations and the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, as job revolves around interacting with everyone. The candidate must be able perform multiple tasks.
Experience and Educational Requirements there is no formal education qualification required for the post but a successful candidate for a front desk clerk role must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience operating a multi-line telephone is preferred while applying in larger organizations.