HR Generalist’s job mainly deals with the activities of human resources which includemaintaining employee relations, recruiting, and overall developments of the HR. The main responsibility of HR generalist is to advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR related practices,act as alink between the management and human resource and providing information to employees about rules regulations and policies, and provide general support.
Some of the duties and responsibilities are
- Assisting in recruitment process by advertising about the HR requirements of the company.
- Writing ads and advertising about the open positions and drafting offer letters for new hires.
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with recruitment resources.
- Conducting job studies and shortlisting the requirements of the applicant in the job position.
- Efficiently making a valid selection for the vacancy by evaluating the application letters and recommending applicants for interviews.
- Creating job related interview questions and Participating in interviews with the other staff members.
- Explainingthe employees about the work they are required to perform and salary details.
- Help the employees in maintaining a healthy working environment.
- Making recommendations for development and training courses for the employees.
- Schedulingthe employees so that there is optimise utilisation of resources.
- Arranging human resource meetings and participating in them.
- Development and execution of orientation programs and procedures for new employees.
- Providing research based statistical information to staff helpful for planning and implementingnew procedures and policies.
- Reviewing employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely measures for resolving.
- Efficiently act asa link between the management and employees.
Some of the skills required in the applicant are good communication skills, sound knowledge of computers, strong negotiatingskills, a good professional appearance, should be able to work alone or as a part of team, good judgement skills, should be a creative person, must be able to maintain a healthy working environment, should have knowledge of recruitment procedures and techniques.
Educational qualifications required are a Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources and knowledge of computers and a few years of experience in related field would be advantageous.