A sales associate’s work with the Sales Director and Operating Officer to develop sales programs, strategies set targetsand prepare annual budget. A Sales Associate job is to provide information about the products and services of the company to the clients in order to increase the sales of the company, and provide support in developing long-term relationships with the clients. Some other activities of a sales associate are assisting in the development andexecution of sales programs, support the technical team by providing the details of requirements of the customers.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a sales associate are
- Should have full knowledge of customers and product.
- Keeping the focus on customers planning the sales strategies and setting targets.
- Directing and coordinating the marketing team with valuable information about the customers and product.
- Making the product visible in the market through publications, events and networking relations.
- Providing the management with research inputs, creative solutions and ideas. Developing sales plans and reporting the details of its implementation to the management.
- Participating in events, trade fairs, campaigns and conferences relating to the product or industry.
- Estimating customers on quotes quickly and accurately.
- Providing with leads for follow-up to the senior executives of company.
- Renew the existing accounts of customers with required details of service or pricing.
- Working with existing clients in finding opportunities for new clients or targeted customers that may be interested in the product.
- Maintain customer database for reporting, mailings, and related marketing programs.
- Prepare renewal contracts and quotes for existing clients.
- Working on special projects with the team or as a part of team.
- Collecting feedback from clients to access possible improvements to existing products and also the need for new products.
- Provide the management with sales quotes.
Some skills required in the applicant are ability to function as a team or independently, have the ability to determine the prospects of customers, should be a self-starter, should possess good organisational and management skills, should have the skill of customer service, ability to understand the client’s business needs and clear their problems, possess good communication skills both oral and written, ability todevelop and maintain good relationships with clients.
Educational qualifications required for the post are a bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing related field, and sound knowledge of the organisational activities, a few years of experience in sales related field.