The machine operators monitors the working of the machines like the speed of the machine, load and other related issues with the machines while it is running and need to have a good understanding of the working mechanism of the system. The jobs of the machine operator include managing the technicalities of the machine and upgrade them with the necessary tools to ensure their functionality. A machine operator plays a crucial role in order to produce of goods in a factory. Machine operators are in charge on the safety and effective use of various manufacturing elements be produce quality consumer goods. Machine operator’s works in a factory where there are large amounts of goods are produced. In larger factories they may wok in shifts for about 40 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities included in the machine operator job description are
- They have to manage the operating all types of heavy machines and also work to ensure that they are well maintained.
- The duty of the machine operator is to oil and grease the machines and making sure that they are working properly
- They work to adjust and operate speed and control the load of the machines
- The machine operators monitor the finished products obtained from the machines to ensure the quality and quantity constraints of the company
- They monitor the working of the machines and work to provide specifications to upgrade the systems if required; they have to report the need of improvement or the defect to the higher officials.
- It is the duty to maintaining a report of the total amount of goods manufactured in a day from the machine
Skillsand specification required by Machine Operators are that the applicant must have sound technical skills and ability to fix problems with any type of machines. The applicant must also possess good communication skills and have the ability to work for extended hours, they should also have good supervisory skills and ability to pay attention working of the machineries. The candidate must be willing to work overtime during periods of high and heavy production.
Experience and Educational Qualifications Required for Machine Operators is a high school diploma and in-depth technical knowledge of the machines, some experience will be helpful although some organization provide on-job training and even hire fresher’s for this positions.